Thursday, December 10, 2020

7 INSTRUCTIONS from JESUS

 


Revelation 1:12-13

King James Version

12 And I turned to see the voice that spake with me. 

And being turned, I saw seven golden candlesticks;

13 And in the midst of the seven candlesticks 

one like unto the Son of man, 

clothed with a garment down to the foot, 

and girt about the paps with a golden girdle.


In an unsteady world, we have to be steady.

We can only be steady, through CHRIST.

JESUS asked SEVEN things of us.

What would these things be?

What were His commands?

SPIRIT led me to these verses:

1. WORSHIP God.

Luke 4:8 

King James Version

8 And Jesus answered 

and said unto him, 

Get thee behind me, Satan: 

for it is written

Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, 

and him only shalt thou serve.


2. LOVE one another.

John 15:12 

King James Version

12 This is my commandment

That ye love one another, 

as I have loved you.


3. BE born again.

John 3:5-7

King James Version

5 Jesus answered, 

Verily, verily, I say unto thee, 

Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, 

he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; 

and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

7 Marvel not that I said unto thee, 

Ye must be born again.


4. KEEP Jesus' commandments.

John 15:10 

King James Version

10 If ye keep my commandments, 

ye shall abide in my love

even as I have kept my Father's commandments, 

and abide in his love.


5. REPENT, and BELIEVE the gospel.

Mark 1:15 

King James Version

15 And saying, 

The time is fulfilled, 

and the kingdom of God is at hand

repent ye, 

and believe the gospel.


6. BE perfect.

Matthew 5:48 

King James Version

48 Be ye therefore perfect, 

even as your Father which is in heaven 

is perfect.


7. BELIEVE in Jesus.

John 6:47 

King James Version

47 Verily, verily, I say unto you

He that believeth on me 

hath everlasting life.


SEVEN instructions.

Are they easy to follow?

Yes, for those who seek GOD.

For He will make you born again.

And once you are, His SPIRIT will teach you.

And you will know everything about JESUS.

And JESUS will tell you everything about GOD.

And you will truly love GOD.

It's always full circle.

Inner peace is a process.

It can only be had, through JESUS, the Prince of Peace.

Isaiah 9:6

King James Version

6 For unto us a child is born, 

unto us a son is given: 

and the government shall be upon his shoulder: 

and his name shall be called Wonderful, 

Counsellor, 

The mighty God, 

The everlasting Father, 

The Prince of Peace.


JESUS made peace, through His own blood.

Colossians 1:17-20

King James Version

17 And he is before all things, 

and by him all things consist.

18 And he is the head of the body, the church: 

who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; 

that in all things he might have the preeminence.

19 For it pleased the Father 

that in him should all fulness dwell;

20 And, having made peace 

through the blood of his cross, 

by him to reconcile all things unto himself; 

by him, I say, whether they be things in earth, 

or things in heaven.


P.S. Interestingly, as I was on the cusp of wrapping up this article, searching for that verse on "Prince of Peace", suddenly wifi conks out.

Predictable.

The enemy doesn't want the WORD out.

Especially on PEACE.

So very predictable.

But this article goes through.

VICTORY is ALWAYS through CHRIST.


Related material:

PEACE through JESUS


Image: Clipart Library


Updated 25 October 2023


JEWS and PEACE

  1 Corinthians 4:3-5 King James Version 3 But with me it is a very small thing  that I should be judged of you,  or of man's judgment: ...