Wednesday, January 6, 2021

CURE for DISASTROUS I's

 

There is something disastrous happening in the world today.

Well, maybe, for sometime now.

We are obsessed with self, and the world.

But there's hope -- in JESUS.

Let two verses cure, and correct, each troubling "I":


1. I.

John 3:30 (King James Version)

30 He must increase

but I must decrease.


John 14:6 (KJV)

6 Jesus saith unto him, 

I am the way, 

the truth, 

and the life: 

no man cometh unto the Father, 

but by me.


2. Idolatry.

Exodus 20:2-4 (KJV)

2 I am the Lord thy God

which have brought thee out of the land of Egypt, 

out of the house of bondage.

3 Thou shalt have no other gods before me.

4 Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, 

or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, 

or that is in the earth beneath, 

or that is in the water under the earth.


1 John 2:15-17 (KJV)

15 Love not the world, 

neither the things that are in the world

If any man love the world, 

the love of the Father is not in him.

16 For all that is in the world, 

the lust of the flesh, 

and the lust of the eyes, 

and the pride of life, 

is not of the Father, 

but is of the world.

17 And the world passeth away, 

and the lust thereof: 

but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever.


3. Ignorance.

John 14:26 (KJV)

26 But the Comforter, 

which is the Holy Ghost, 

whom the Father will send in my name, 

he shall teach you all things

and bring all things to your remembrance, 

whatsoever I have said unto you.


1 Corinthians 1:4-8 (KJV)

4 I thank my God always on your behalf, 

for the grace of God which is given you by Jesus Christ;

5 That in every thing ye are enriched by him, 

in all utterance, 

and in all knowledge;

6 Even as the testimony of Christ was confirmed in you:

7 So that ye come behind in no gift; 

waiting for the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ:

8 Who shall also confirm you unto the end, 

that ye may be blameless in the day of our Lord Jesus Christ.


4. Indifference.

Matthew 11:16-17 (KJV)

16 But whereunto shall I liken this generation? 

It is like unto children sitting in the markets, 

and calling unto their fellows,

17 And saying, 

We have piped unto you, 

and ye have not danced; 

we have mourned unto you, 

and ye have not lamented.


Revelation 3:15-16 (KJV)

15 I know thy works, 

that thou art neither cold nor hot: 

I would thou wert cold or hot.

16 So then because thou art lukewarm, 

and neither cold nor hot, 

I will spue thee out of my mouth.


5. Impatience.

Lamentations 3:25 (KJV)

25 The Lord is good unto them that wait for him

to the soul that seeketh him.


Psalm 37:7-9 (KJV)

7 Rest in the Lord, 

and wait patiently for him

fret not thyself because of him who prospereth in his way, 

because of the man who bringeth wicked devices to pass.

8 Cease from anger, 

and forsake wrath: 

fret not thyself in any wise to do evil.

9 For evildoers shall be cut off: 

but those that wait upon the Lord, 

they shall inherit the earth.


6. Insubordination.

Luke 6:46 (KJV)

46 And why call ye me, 

Lord, Lord, 

and do not the things which I say?


Philippians 2:8 (KJV)

8 And being found in fashion as a man, 

he humbled himself, 

and became obedient unto death, 

even the death of the cross.


7. Insolence.

1 Samuel 2:3 (KJV)

3 Talk no more so exceeding proudly; 

let not arrogancy come out of your mouth: 

for the Lord is a God of knowledge, 

and by him actions are weighed.


Isaiah 13:11 (KJV)

11 And I will punish the world for their evil, 

and the wicked for their iniquity; 

and I will cause the arrogancy of the proud to cease, 

and will lay low the haughtiness of the terrible.


Can you think of any more I's?

Scripture has the cure.

We need to correct ourselves now.


FREE from ambivalence

  1 Corinthians 14:33 King James Version 33 For God is not the author of confusion,  but of peace, as in all churches of the saints . That&#...